With this in mind, I have gathered a list of people whom I follow and recommend to you. This is not the #ff methodology usually employed I suppose, but Twitter never allows room for context. I would not expect someone to follow anyone just because I said so. In some kind of alphabetical order:
"Gather followers by being engaging. Don't be afraid to unfollow bores and people who just jibber-jabber to fill a void."
- @_MuckyWaters_73 fast cars and blues guitar. What more do you need to know?
- @CardinalPhink and @JelloPuss - punk rock hearts smothered in strong alcohol and cheesecakes. Not murderers.
- @cath_caldwell - Mum, student ... heartwarming tales of boiler repair men ;-)
- @DeadbeatMum and @dirt_bird - an hilarious living sitcom but also insightful and thoughtful comment on a variety of issues. Sweary DIY-related tweets. Cats (if you like that sort of thing).
- @DonColerainey - the Teflon Don of the North Coast. Articulate and very, very angry most of the time. Not a man to cross.
- @hannahhou - beloved #1 daughter. F1 and BTCC news and views. Her beau is @TheJonnyMoore.
- @IsGrandmaThere - hilarious and widely-travelled social commentator and raconteur. Impeccable taste in music.
- @jasebell - stick fiddler, wry observer of the human condition. Has bass desires.
- @JudithR33 - Secret Publican,
masochistswimmer, photographer of vivid scenes and dunnocks. Has a good pie recipe.
- @kezwilliams13 - multi-talented and knowledgeable muso with many hats. A good egg.
- @loftspace - government bullshit filter, social conscience and mum.
- @muldutch - scrabbler. Pretty handy with a taunt and a riding crop.
- @M_Corbett - writerly, thoughtful and funny. No fan of the grocer's apostrophe.
- @paul_beattie - first rate photographer but first and foremost, thoroughly bloody nice real-world bloke. Great chef. No TV.
- @sera_mcdaid - The Agoraphobic Fashionista. Truly original and inspiring.
- @siralanwhite - the Sage of Wrenthorpe. Purveyor of humorous asides.
- @VictoriaKLM - strong views, forcefully expressed. Good for a debate.
- @wonderwaff - funny and touching insights into motherhood and family life. From Finland, like the Moomins.
Until next time, social media fans.